We are proud to carry the Lightfoot Chicken Coop made by the Wooden Wonders company out of Unity, Maine.
"The Lightfoot coop measures 62" x 35" x 48"H and the attached run is 56" x 72" x 45"H. It is suitable to house up to 7 chickens, depending on the size of the breed and the amount of time your flock will be spending inside the coop and contained in the run. The coop comes with a total of 7' of perch space on two moveable perches that are 6" off the ground, and a freestanding stacking double nest box (two nest boxes total) that you can position inside the round front door of the coop for easy egg retrieval. Access the interior of the coop for cleaning through the hinged roof!"
This kit includes:
- Pre-assembled coop
- Removeable perches
- Removeable nesting boxes
- Run kit
We are also stocking the removeable coop liner which is sold separately.
More details from Wooden Wonders:
- The base of the coop sits on three 2x4 skids made of ground contact rated treated lumber.
- The coop floor is sheathed in premium grade Advantech brand flooring that will hold up under years of high moisture conditions.
- The curved rafters that create our signature "Hobbit Hole" roof design are made with multiple layers of plywood laminated with a high quality non-toxic wood glue that are then bent on our custom glue press.
- The curved rafters used in the construction of the run as well as the coop trim and fascia pieces are made of laminated strips of Eastern White Cedar.
- Coop walls and trim are all constructed of solid Northern White Pine sustainably harvested from the forests of Maine and the Canadian Maritimes.
- Run framing is made entirely of Eastern White Cedar.
- The Eastern White Cedar clapboards used to make our roofing is custom sawn at a local sawmill and further processed by hand at our workshop.
- The cedar roof is treated with CedarShield, a non-toxic cedar oil based wood preservative that penetrates and stabilizes the wood, minimizing the aging effects of extreme variations in temperature and moisture that can cause wood to rot and split.
Please visit the Wooden Wonders website to learn more about this great coop. As an authorized retailer for Wooden Wonders we are able to help you get any of the chicken coops they carry. Please call us or or stop by to learn more.
Read our March 2014 Newsletter on Backyard Chickens here.